A job in freight forwarding requires a number of skills around logistics and planning.
As a freight forwarding you need to work as an intermediary between exporters, importers, and other companies involved in the transportation of goods.
A role in freight forwarding requires numerous skills and responsibilities
- Plan the optimal route for a shipment, taking into consideration the types of goods being transported as well as assessing the conditions of any geographies through which the goods pass
- Facilitate the packing of goods depending on the dimensions, weight, and temperature of the goods
- Negotiate contracts for transportation and handling
- Finalize documentation for customs and insurance to ensure compliance with the regulations of the countries that are receiving and sending the shipment
- Collect payment from the client and arrange payment to the involved other parties